Change Management: Preparing, equipping, and supporting individuals to adopt a change to drive organizational success and outcomes successfully. This 2-day course offers a hands-on environment for Program and Project Managers to further their professional development in Change Management.
Change management is one of the main concerns for all types of businesses today. And not because change is seen as something complicated, which it sometimes is, but because so much change in project work occurs unchecked and unauthorized, which leads to cost overruns, schedule delays, and, in some cases, claims which can be costly and affect client-consultant relationships.
Have an understanding of the basics of general project management.
- Project managers
- Assistant Project Managers
- Project Coordinators
- Change managers
- Contract managers
- Risk managers
After successful completion of this workshop, the participant shall be able to:
- Understand the definition of a project change
- Differentiate between a risk and a change
- Develop a specific response plan for changes arising in a project
- Enhance managerial and leadership skills to avoid scope creep (unauthorized scope) better
- Learn how to effectively revise the project baselines (scope, schedule, and budget)
Professional Development Units/Hours (PDUs) Awarded
16 PDUs (1 hour = 1 PDU)
Therefore, to assist managers and staff in dealing with changes in project or program work, we have developed the following course outline:
- Develop useful project baselines, such as scope, schedule, and budget, to minimize the number of change requests.
- Define what change is and how it differs from Risk.
- Develop the Change Management Plan to address changes.
- How to address potential changes as they surface.
- The Change Request (CR) process.
- When and how to use a Change Control Board (CCB.)
- Exam and Class Work review
All Change Management courses are custom-made for our clients and include case studies, on-hands project and change management work, and follow up with the participants up to 60 days after the end of the course.
Participants will prepare and build the following portfolio at the end of this course:
- Baselines template for scope, schedule, and budget
- Change Management Plan
- Change Request (CR) forms
- Change Control Board (CCB) guidelines, procedures, and implementation plan.
Our experienced trainers have studied and worked in their respective fields in the EU, U.S., and worldwide for a minimum of 20 years before joining PMW. Furthermore, their experience covers the gamut from banking to business/finance to the architectural-engineering-construction (AEC) field to manufacturing and production, and more. Their expertise affords them the ability to contour the workshops to their audience, explain the material in the participants’ industry-language, and provide the participants tools they can use in their day-to-day jobs.
To register – email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Change Management Workshop
Find a date – Change Management.