“I HEAR AND I FORGET. I SEE AND I REMEMBER. I DO AND I UNDERSTAND.” – CONFUCIUS
Our goal is to create a training environment that encourages participation, develops soft skills and provides a voice to every participant. A place to grow and thrive.
We work with you to develop engaging trainings to meet your requirements and to ensure participant engagement. Our instructors are industry leaders with a passion for what they do. They are able to pull from their own professional histories to offer real-world examples to further illustrate their topics.
Your teams remain focused, engaged and motivated.
- Agile and Scrum Foundations: this is a two-day class geared towards flexible projects with quick turnaround demands, such as IT and R&D, where the requirements and solutions evolve through collaboration among cross-functional teams. It is geared towards fast-changing project requirements, which will lead to improved quality control, greater efficiencies, reduced waste and cost savings.
- Budgeting And Forecasting: This intensive workshop will help you understand the elements of budgeting and forecasting. It covers the budget formulation process, developing tools for budgeting, and how to benefit from these tools. In addition, it will discuss how to control the budget through financial targets and cost control. It is designed for managers and department leaders that prepare budgets and monthly forecasts. Budgeting is an organizations process of defining its plan and direction in financial terms. It helps to allocate resources, set goals, and determine the actions required to achieve the goals.
- Business Case Development: this workshop, typically one to two days long depending on the client’s needs, helps the participants develop an outline required to decide on the profitability and/or feasibility of the new project and whether or not to proceed forward. The business case integrates the benefits, costs, and risks of a proposed project in order to assist executive management in making an informed decision. This is a part of the Project Charter.
- Change Management -This 2-day course offers a hands-on environment Program and Project Managers to further their professional development in Change ManagementChange management is one of the main concerns for all types of businesses today. And not because change is seen as something complicated, which it sometimes is, but because so much change in project work occurs unchecked and unauthorized, which leads to cost overruns, schedule delays and, in some cases, claims which can be costly and affect client-consultant relationships.
- European Union General Data Protection Regulation (EU GDPR): this course is geared towards helping participants and their companies comply with this current regulation, which helps protect their clients’ data privacy, ensure that their subcontractors in data storage and manipulation abide by the requirements for data processors, and prepare themselves for potential audits. To that end, we prepare a data protection plan with each one of our participants as practical training. Additionally, we instruct our participants on how to train other staff in data protection procedures, which is a requirement of the standard. This is a 3-day course which uses ISO standard 27001, among others, to help instruct participants.
- Finance 101: Understanding the Numbers – This intensive workshop will help you understand bookkeeping and financial management concepts. Further, it will assist you in understanding margins, establish financial targets, and control costs. It will help you to understand the accounting process and use that knowledge to improve cost controls and enhance revenue opportunities.
- Leadership Development: this workshop will help enhance the quality level of your leadership skills through a hands-on approach and classroom exercises with respect to communication (written and verbal), as well as confidence-building to help inspire and motivate your staff. The workshop is usually one (1) day long with a follow-up session at a later date.
- Presentation Skills: we offer training to help you clearly articulate a new project idea, the status of an existing project or reporting on an innovative approach developed by you or your team. The class runs for two (2) days, including coaching and delivering actual presentations to strengthen the participants’ confidence level.
- PMP Exam Refresher Course: This course is intended for reviewing the exam material with an emphasis on the terms, concepts and/or calculations needed to pass the exam. In addition, we will cover the Project Charter, PM Plan, Earned Value Management (EVM), the ITTOs, and other sections of the PMBOK needed to pass the PMP Exam. Emphasis will be placed on understanding the elements needed to improve participants’ project management skills.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Exam Preparation Workshop: this workshop is geared primarily for people who want to take and pass the PMP exam. However, it also focuses on training participants in the basics of project management, such as developing the scope, budget and cost baselines, as well as the other subsidiary factors, which lead to a successful project. This is a 4-day course, plus there is also a 1- to 2-day review session for people who need extra support shortly before taking the exam.
- Quality Management: This course teaches participants the importance of Total Quality Management (TQM), including both quality assurance (QA,) as well as quality control. (QC.) QA focuses on ensuring the correct policies, procedures, templates, and other documents are sufficient to prepare high-quality deliverables and/or products. QC ensures the deliverables/products are properly inspected, and, as required, are revised to meet the quality and product requirements are met. Standards, such as Six Sigma and ISO (9001 and other subsidiary sections), are used in this 3-day workshop.
- Risk Management: this 3-day course focuses on identifying, qualifying (i.e. scoring,) quantifying, and preparing responses for uncertainties in projects. These uncertainties, which can be positive (opportunities,) or negative (threats,) are collectively known as “risks” and are an inherent and, at times, precarious part of any project. To that end, we help our clients during this course to learn the fundamentals of risk management, as well as develop a risk management plan for their own project work.
Our training is tailored to meet your organization’s needs – we work with department heads, managers, supervisors, and their work groups to assess your group’s specific needs. Together, we design a tailored curriculum with clear objectives, measurable KPIs, and interactive tools to engage your team.
Custom Workshops and Group Facilitation –
From one or two hour sessions to full-day retreats, we offer a wide range of research-based workshops for organizations on topics relevant to your business and industry. We take responsibility for the process and accompany you from planning and conception through implementation all the way to documenting and securing results and, if necessary, follow up on agreed measures.
A few examples are given below, and we can tailor the sessions to the uniqueness of your organization.
- Leadership Development
- Team Building
- Finance for Non-Finance Managers
- Assertive Communication
- Diversity in the Workplace
- Software Training
- Business Process Management
After a certain period of time has elapsed (which you have given the team to implement agreed measures), it often makes sense to conduct follow-up workshops, in order to jointly look back on achievement and to maintain the initiative’s momentum.
We have been designing and leading workshops for over 20 years. PM Workshops offers Customized Workshops, either at our office in Berlin or at your location.
Does your agency or business have specific training needs? Our staff can create custom training modules to help your staff better understand and work with LGBTQ clients.
Training Development & Modification –
- Modifying a Current Training: Tailoring one of our current trainings to suit the needs of your group is possible. To request a training be tailored to your agency’s specific needs.
- Training Module Creation: Creating a set of training modules to fit your business or agency’s specific needs is possible. To request a training be created for your group.
Often an unbiased third party is able to new insights into your team planning. We plan, lead and manage your team event to ensure that the group’s objectives are met effectively, with respectful and constructive dialogues, good participation and full buy-in from everyone who is involved.
We work with you to understand the group’s desired outcome and the background and context of the meeting to develop mutually agreed upon objectives and action plans for the participants. Together, we design and plan a solid agenda, which focuses on outcomes, and provides a good flow and structure for the event.
Good facilitation can make the difference between meeting success or failure.