Project Management Foundations Online
January 10, 2022 - January 12, 2022
An event every month that begins at 12:00 am on day Second of the month, repeating until February 28, 2022
This 3-day workshop is intended for people who want to learn the fundamentals of project management while not necessarily seeking to be certified. The classroom content will focus first on developing the project description (scope) and the associated budget and schedule. Additionally, other critical management tasks shall be included, such as dealing with changes, addressing risks, determining the quality objectives and how to reach them, and dealing with risks and stakeholder management.
The course is ideal for those operating in the project domain where the integration of different technical inputs is vital and project administrators wanting to update their knowledge of current project management principles.
- New or potential project managers
- Project Managers who want to refine their skills
- Assistant Project Managers
- Project Coordinators
- Project Staff
After successful completion of this workshop, the participant shall be able to:
- Apply project management theory and project management decision making
- Follow a specific process for the execution of an identified, one-off, substantial deliverable.
- Understand how to start and set up a project
- Draft a project charter and project management manual
- Develop project objectives for success
- Design a critical path diagram and a Gantt chart
- Utilize the Gantt chart to develop a project baseline
- Develop the budget of a project
- Adhere to, and maintain control of, the triple constraint: scope, schedule, budget
- Maintain quality control during the lifecycle of a project
- Identify and control risks within a project.
- Ensure effective stakeholder engagement and expectations
Professional Development Units/Hours (PDUs) Awarded
24 PDUs (1 hour = 1 PDU)
Presenter – Jorge Romero-Lozano
Mr. Romero-Lozano studied civil engineering and construction management in California. He is a registered professional engineer (PE) in California, holds the title of Diplom Ingenieur in Germany, is certified sustainability professional LEED AP) from the United States Green Building Council (USGBC), and holds several certifications, such as project management professional (PMP) from the project management institute (PMI.) He is highly experienced in the project, construction, and facilities management in the automotive, manufacturing, pharmaceuticals, infrastructure, and civil engineering industries.