We take the following ISO standards, which are broad-based and theoretical, and adapt them to our participants’ professional needs by using real-world examples and case studies. We have found this method to be best in helping the students better understand and effectively use the standards since ISO simply provides a guideline and does not provide detailed instructions for their application, nor are case histories projects included.
- ISO 9000 Family – Quality Management – This 4-day course covers the ISO 9000 Series, which encompasses the development of a quality management system, implementation of the quality management system, and the guidelines for enhancing an organizations’ ability to achieve and maintain sustained success. The quality management system is typically contained in the quality management plan, which will lay out a roadmap for achieving quality objectives, develop quality checklists, create a quality training program for staff, and, of particular interest, develop the audit processes, which include proper documentation, organizing the audit material, and preparing for the actual audit as either the auditor and/or the audited.
- ISO 13485 Medical Devices – This 3-day course covers not only the standard itself, but also the ancillary processes and guidelines needed to effectively apply the rule to the development, manufacturing, implementation, and commissioning of medical devices. As noted earlier in this section, the ISO standard simply provides a checklist of tasks and procedures needed to effectively create, deploy and use the tools but lacks real-world examples and applications, which are crucial in effectively understanding the intent of the standard.
- ISO 14000 Family – Environmental Management – This 3-day course covers this standard as a framework for organizations that are required to systemize or improve their environmental management efforts. And although it does not provide nor detail out, the environmental management system (EMS) required within this standard. It does provide a checklist for developing such a system. Therefore, our trainers, who are certified and possess extensive experience in environmental sustainability, assist the students in creating an actual EMS.
- ISO/IEC 27001 Information Security Management –This 3-day course covers the methodology provided in this standard as well as the trainer’s experience in the field of preparing a Security Management System (SMS), which is critical for any company to protect client and staff data, intellectual property and other sensitive information. Additionally, this standard, when properly applied and incorporated into a security management plan, will satisfy the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which is an essential part of any company working within the EU.
- ISO 31000 Risk Management – This 3-day course is a must for any person working directly in project management or product development. The purpose of this standard is to assist companies in developing their specific Risk Management Plan, which is essential for running a business, running programs and projects, as well as for addressing other risks inherent in any transaction. The course will teach participants how and where to identify risks, both positive (opportunities) and negative (threats), qualify (score) and quantify (currency) them, prepare appropriate responses, as well as determine how best to monitor risk control effectively.
- ISO 37101 Sustainable Development in Communities – This 4-day course covers not only the ISO standard itself but also the ancillary processes and guidelines needed to develop for sustainable development in communities effectively. The ISO standard itself simply provides an outline and a checklist of tasks and procedures required to create and deploy a plan for sustainable development effectively. Still, it lacks real-world examples and applications, which are crucial in effectively understanding the intent of the standard. To that end, we assist participants in interpreting and implementing the standard through actual case studies.