Canopy Growth is a world-leading diversified cannabis company with distinct brands & curated cannabis varieties across the globe.
Canada Req #3226
At Canopy Growth, our mission is clear: improve lives, end cannabis prohibition, and strengthen communities. We believe that cannabis can be a force for good. We’re building a consumer-centric organization focused on sharing the transformational potential of cannabis with the world. We will achieve this through an innovative and disruptive portfolio of cannabis and hemp-derived products.
With millions of square feet of licensed production capacity and operations spanning four continents, Canopy Growth is the world’s leading cannabis and hemp company. We recognize that employees are at the core of our success, and we take pride in a corporate culture that emphasizes inclusiveness, collaboration, and diversity.
Our employees come from a wide range of backgrounds, each bringing their own unique skills and talents to the table, working together to continue our incredible momentum of growth. If you are interested in building global challenger brands, scaling a business, and working in a values-driven environment, we want to hear from you!
As a member of the Global Operations Project Management Office, the successful candidate will work cross-functionally across the CGC organization and support projects from initiation to final delivery: including scoping, resourcing, schedules, linkages and dependencies, and overall oversight of feasibility, planning, and execution. We are looking for a dynamic candidate with a high degree of comfort to manage priorities in an ambiguous and fast-paced environment. Our ideal candidate will manage priorities, set the framework for projects and objectives set out by headquarters, and ensure every project is successfully delivered on time and within budget. Reporting to the PMO Program Director, we are looking for someone to be an integral part of our Operations team. We will be tasked with collaborating and communicating the goals and project’s activities, schedules, and dependencies while implementing continuous improvement opportunities for our processes and remaining in compliance with GMP standards.
- Strategically manage project development, implementation, and reporting practices by the company’s vision while protecting Canopy’s intellectual property and processes
- Identify support systems needed for implementing change and corrective actions related to projects and goal set out by stakeholders
- Collaborative team player with superior influencing who builds relationships easily across various stakeholder groups to move initiatives forward
- Prioritize and cope with competing and changing objectives in support of both short and long term projects while maintaining stakeholder expectations and reporting requirements
- Manage day-to-day transformation execution and drive the activities of the PMO to ensure the realization
- Provide specialized advice for the development, implementation, and evaluation of Operations strategic projects in alignment with project management best practices and the approved Operations PMO framework and methodology
- Manage new initiative intake processes, including resource and capacity planning, facilitating leadership prioritization
- Plan and facilitate meetings to report and discuss project status and enable interactive discussions on risks and issues and possible solutions. Prepare and disseminate meeting records
- Track and manage issues that may impact the achievement of strategic programs and projects and actively resolve issues in collaboration with stakeholders, flagging roadblocks that require immediate attention
- Monitor and analyze project progress and health, and proactively advise management of deviations, risks, and issues
- Engage with project stakeholders to discuss the status of new and ongoing projects and provide updates of risks and issues; discuss and follow up on the agreed risk mitigation and issue resolution
- Bring forward continuous improvement advice and execute effective ways of working as it relates to project management methodology
- Draft and update project management governance documentation and coordinate governance process
- Confirm completeness, approval, and dissemination of project governance documentation
- Provide training and guidance to the project teams, Operations leadership, and other PMO stakeholders on project management methodology, governance, best practices, and the use of templates, standard reports, and tools
- Actively interact with project stakeholders, sponsors, and leadership team to drive transformation
- Develop content and update internal communication channels in support of corporate communications
- Build and maintain employee morale and motivation while fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace
- Assist with project documentation reviews in collaboration with other CGC project management offices with a view of standardizing approaches where it makes sense to do so
- Provide administrative support in senior management meetings, draft meeting minutes and summaries as required
- Develop training strategies and materials, including training videos that communicate the Operations project management methodology and appropriate usage of related tools
- Define requirements, design, develop and maintain reports and dashboards with general project information, project status, and project/program health assessment
- Work with other CGC project management offices to integrate portfolio reporting across CGC functions and aggregate project and program reporting as needed
- Design surveys, undertake data collection, analyze information, and produce reports outlining problems, conclusions, and trends as part of the lessons learned process
- Communicate and engage with project stakeholders and agree on action plans to manage process changes
- Coordinate, moderate, and prepare material for workshops and other events on project management, adherence with the approved PMO framework, methodologies, and tools
- Draft and deliver presentations as needed
- Must be able to travel to various locations as required
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 7 – 10 years of project management experience, leading large transformation projects/programs
- 5+ years of experience working with a pharmaceutical manufacturing (or related) environment
- Proven track record of driving change; commitment to the realization
- Demonstrated ability to build and manage teams and navigate highly dynamic situations
- Experience designing and generating dashboards and supporting senior management reports and presentations
- Proven experience managing and balancing multiple complex projects, multi-disciplinary projects, and leading diverse, dynamic teams to deliver balanced, integrated solutions
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in project management or extensive practical experience
- PMP or similar certification, or working toward certification is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to be result-driven, proactive, and highly organized
- Demonstrated ability to build consensus and work in a highly collaborative environment
- Ability to develop, manage and report financials across projects and programs
- Proven experience with risk and issue management and the consolidation across projects/programs
- Experience developing training programs and introducing new ways of working to stakeholders
- Ability to develop, track and report against success metrics and key performance indicators
- Proven budget management experience
- Ability to understand technical concepts and communicate key aspects of the project to non-technical audiences
- Ability to perform under pressure
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with the development of surveys and correlation of findings an asset
This is a Full-time role position. Duty travel to be expected includes traveling to our Headquarters in Smiths Falls, ON, and our remote locations.
We appreciate all candidates’ interests and promise to review all applications, but we will only be contacting those who best fit the requirements. If you don’t hear from us, don’t fret; every resume we get is kept in our database for six months for consideration in future searches for talent.
Canopy Growth welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
One last note: the chosen applicant will be required to complete background and reference checks.
Thank you so much for your interest in Canopy Growth
PMO Specialist Smiths Falls Ontario
To apply for this job please visit can59.dayforcehcm.com.