Job ID: 188565
Location Name: CA-FSC SF Off (0174)
Address: 525 Market St, 32nd Floor, San Francisco, CA 94105, United States (US)
Job Type: Full Time
Position Type (Regular/Temporary): Regular
Job Function: Merchandising
REPORTS TO: Manager, Merchandising Operations
Our merchandising team is constantly building brands, starting trends, and developing entirely new product categories. These experts roll up their sleeves and advise our brands on the best way to bring our clients what they crave—and what they will be craving soon. Our product pipeline is so robust and exciting that many of the items that will be most in-demand in our stores next year don’t even exist yet. And our merchants don’t stop at selection—they bring the assortment to life through breakthrough curation and storytelling across our stores and digital properties.
YOUR ROLE AT SEPHORA: is responsible for the visual direction and project management of the Sephora Collection brand fixtures and updates process in stores. Involves extensive coordination between third-party vendors and internal teams.
- Manage a world(s) of Sephora Collection on behalf of the updates team, become the key leader in all cross-functional projects involving that world/category.
- Manage brand relationships for this world/category with the team and strive for continued improvements and relationship growth within the world/category.
- Owner of visual merchandising direction and recommendations for the world in partnership with the manager.
- Own the seasonal briefs to each vendor partner to communicate brand needs.
- Assists with fixture budget provides estimates and feedback as needed.
- Daily maintenance of the Update schedules. Ensure projects are added, and edits are made in a timely manner.
- Send outside vendors appropriate files (distribution lists, update grids) and track each update to ensure milestones are being met once projects have kicked off.
- Approve all planograms and instruction sheets to ensure they meet the Sephora requirements before the updated ship to stores.
- Ensure coordinating deadlines are received in full and on time and passed to appropriate partners.
- Lead weekly update meetings and conference calls with internal and external teams, ensuring fixtures and products land in store on time.
- Elevate issues from calls to Updates partners, Merchants, and other internal partners.
- Post final instructions, tracking, and eplanner tasks to store intranet with assistance from HLOL Specialists.
- Enforcement of pushing in-store dates when the brand misses deadlines.
- Calculate weekly store workload and ensure that Workload Optimization Team has accurate labor hours for total operational workload planning.
- Participate in monthly team store visits to execute Updates.
- On-boards new partners and cross-functional teams to Sephora Merchandising Operations policies, procedures, and standards
- Leads proto reviews in partnership with Vendor, speaks to merch ops standards, fit/ function, updatability, and viability in store.
- Travel is often required for prototype review attendance.
- Work with Specialists to identify updates and global issues. Determine and define corrective action plans if needed.
- Provide feedback for test/prototype store and fixture designs as they are established.
- Identify opportunities for improving brand and vendor relationships (cost savings, influencing service levels) through the Vendor Scorecard program’s management.
- Work directly with updates team and procurement on maintaining and updating Vendor Scorecard documents and processes.
- Support in executing cross-functional strategies & initiatives for the brand
- Retrofits/Store Planning directives
- Store Design Directives (new store prototypes, new fixture designs)
- Merchandising Directives & strategies
- New Store/Procurement strategies
- Participate in annual and seasonal planning meetings for the brand, contributing solutions and meeting budget expectations.
- Develops an extensive fixture knowledge for worlds within the brand they are managing.
- Can manage multiple worlds/categories as workload and business require.
- Demonstrate our Sephora values of Passion for Client Service, Innovation, Expertise, Balance, Respect for All, Teamwork, and Initiative.
WE’RE EXCITED ABOUT YOU IF YOU HAVE:
- High level of initiative, energy level, and positive approach.
- Able to work independently on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment and effectively cope with change.
- Strong understanding of the consumer and how visual merchandising supports an outstanding customer experience and drives business.
- Proven ability to establish rapport, credibility and influence others to get results.
- Excellent decision quality with experience in planning and organizing.
- Strong oral and written business communication skills.
- Strong computer skills with experience with Adobe and Microsoft Suites.
- Must have experience dealing with and managing outside vendors.
- Proven ability to build relationships and work effectively within a team and cross-functionally.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
SEPHORA has been changing the face of prestige cosmetics since its debut in 1970s Paris. Sephora was acquired by luxury group Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton (LVMH) in 1997, then launched stateside in 1998, and is currently home to 200 world-class brands – including its own private label, SEPHORA COLLECTION. Sephora’s curated assortment features more than 14,000 products, including makeup, skincare, perfume, hair care, body, professional tools, and more. Sephora is the beauty education hub, offering consultations at the Beauty Studio, various complimentary classes, one-on-one service from Personal Beauty Advisors, and exclusive retail technology SKINCARE IQ, COLOR IQ, and FRAGRANCE IQ. Sephora is an international force in beauty, and its award-winning website and ever-growing presence on social-media make it the world’s premier digital beauty destination.
Project Manager Brand Updates
To apply for this job please visit jobs.sephora.com.