Project Management Professional – Guaranteed Tips and Tricks to score well.
Managing projects worldwide sounds like an exciting career! But let me be clear that project management is not as simple as it sounds.
This article offers a sense of what you need to do to pass the PMP exam and how project management expands students’ interests while making this world better with unique projects.
Project Management develops a full-fledged detailed plan before starting a project. A good project management plan includes five must-follow steps for all the project managers. These steps are as mentioned below:
- Initiating upon the project essentials and noting all the significant points of it
- Next is the planning phase for answering the five W’s (what, why, who, when, and where) appropriately
- Delegation of project work, as per different teams in its managing and constructing departments
- Now, after assigning, we need to monitor every step taken and also look into accurate controlling measures
- At last, we close our project work by achieving the goals set prior in the planning phase
Delivering all the targets set for any specific project is a challenge, as it comes with a lot of difficulties in terms of time, money, resources, and human efforts.
Any random individual cannot offer proper project management assignment help. A good project manager needs to have some extraordinary qualities in terms of working on different best-quality projects or consignments in hand; some of them are listed below:
- A Certified professional is a must
- Good technical expertise
- Great communication skills
- Decision-making skills
- Persuasive quality is a must
- Team management
- Cool with working under pressure
- Excellent leader with a shared vision
These qualities help our budding project management executives to handle all essential steps such as ideation, planning, implementation, monitoring with corrective measures, and closure. Because managing skills got better with experience, which is possible by the time we spent applying the knowledge we gained throughout our studies.
Scope of Project Management:
This particular study sphere has many opportunities to gain knowledge on management concepts, learning areas, tips and tricks of project managing plans, and how to make effective strategies to combat difficult phases during the process.
Get your eyes upon this list of ten knowledgeable areas under project management is given below:
- Project Integration Management:
The scope is for identifying and defining all project-related deliverables. After identifying tasks, it also looks into assigning the work process and time schedules.
Project Scope Management:
It deals with further project breakdowns in its requirements, scope, and baselines.
Project Time Management:
This is what manages all tasks and completes them on or before timelines.
Project Cost Management:
Here we deal with budget and other constraints like estimating and managing costs.
Project Quality Management:
All the quality issues should be monitored and fixed. Proper measures should be taken while doing project research, and the quality should be checked while in the production phase.
Project Human Resource Management:
How well we can manage the project managing workforce and deal with optimum utilization of the same.
Project Communications Management:
This is here to learn upon managing effective ways of project managing communication. It reviews the flow and control of project-related information.
Project Risk Management:
It works in both ways, harmful threat risks and opportunity risks suitable for the project proceedings. Here, we work in the four-step process of identifying risks, planning to anticipate them, assessing risk potential then controlling it for further betterment.
Project Procurement Management:
Here we deal with main project managing processes and proceedings and look after all other procurement needs for better project completion.
Project Stakeholder Management:
At last, building up reports and statements with appropriate facts and figures and graphical representations to inform and satisfy the internal and external stakeholders.
These ten study areas under the head of project management are mainly segregated to develop more interest among the young minds of this generation.
Becoming a Project Management Professional:
Becoming one of the significant and in-demand working professionals in this area of Project Management is not that simple, dear reader.
PMP is the abbreviation specially cited for project managers or professionals in this line. This certification is provided through the USA’s Project Management Institute (PMI).
This particular certification act as a significant credential for project managing individuals.
But passing on this certification course available in Project Management is way more tricky than it seems. It requires a lot of effort, time, quality studies, and an in-depth understanding of every sphere in this subject.
And this PMP approval will make you knowledgeable enough to make a mark in this industry. Additionally, the experiences in real-time scenarios in the project management field will make you efficient and competitive. It also makes the learning individuals get used to unpredictable situations, complex shifts, and many others in this project managing or constructing industry.
So, you need to put an extra effort into every single learning phase in this field of study – Project Management.
Top 10 tips and tricks – Level up your score in PMP:
So what are you thinking about; let’s focus on the necessary points to keep in concern while studying modules for PMP examinations.
- Review the PMP examination modules and other online content provided
- Prepare an outline of tasks and knowledge sections based on the process areas given
- Do put more focus on the latest modules and sample sets available in PMBoK (Project Management Body of Knowledge) – A study guide provided with all other study materials
- If you feel the need, then do join an online course offered by many available accredited educational providers
- Get your hold strong on managerial concepts, terminologies, and abbreviations present in modules, formulae, and other key areas
- Make properly scheduled study plans to cover every aspect of the PMBoK modules
- Practice on sample questions, downloading them from online platforms available
- After completion of chapter-wise or process areas covered, do take online mock tests which are full-length (four hours), in which all necessary questions are included
- It can be a little difficult to study and understand each topic alone, so if needed can form groups online or offline to make your learning better
- Last but not least, and the most important one to remember is – Be Regular!
Do not forget to keep up the level of consistency in whatever work you do.
“Success isn’t always about greatness. It’s about consistency. Consistent hard work leads to success. Greatness will come.” – Dwayne Johnson.
Christian Baker is a graduate of the University of Chicago, the U.S. He specializes in Project management and Risk Analysis. He has been a fantastic service provider in this field for a few years. He currently works in a real estate firm as a Senior Project Manager in the U.S. He is a pro at this exceptional study subject of managing projects and anticipating risks. He’s also been into teaching for the past five years and is best known for his unique way-outs to carve out the best possible solution for students.