In addition to providing training and coaching, we also offer a wide range of consulting services to our clients in the area of project management, as well as in its subsidiaries and supporting activities, such as:
Developing a Project Management Office (PMO)
If your company deals with either multiple offices or multiple projects that require a tremendous amount of coordination, developing a PMO will significantly alleviate the stress, effort, and inefficiencies inherent in managing numerous managerial activities simultaneously.
The PMO was devised for cross-departmental coordination in allocating resources (human, equipment, materials, etc.,) establishing organizational guidelines and procedures, sharing organizational data and lessons learned from previous projects, and establishing training and coaching programs, and determining the need of these programs for project members and other team members. The PMO, if developed, implemented, and executed correctly, is a powerful took for any organization struggling with coordination issues and fast growth.
Our consulting services in developing, implementing, and executing the activities of a PMO, depending on the client’s needs, can last a week, months, or much longer. We may also work full time or just a few hours a day or week to provide guidance and or performance evaluation and control. Our goal is to assist our clients in creating and running an efficient and effective PMO. Therefore, we help our clients in the following areas:
- Assess the current organization’s activities and workload to determine if a PMO is feasible and worthwhile.
- Prepare a Gap Analysis, which will cover what the organization wants to achieve concerning establishing a PMO, and which success factors the organization already possesses.
- Prepare a plan for the PMO, which includes the following:
- Scope, timeline, and budget (in actual cost or staff hours) needed to establish the PMO.
- Determine the type of PMO required:
- Supportive: provides tools, procedures, and guidelines to all project managers as requested.
- Controlling: in addition to the previous activities, a controlling PMO will also verify adherence to company and public agency standards and regulations.
- Directive: this type of PMO acts as a hands-on managerial entity on all projects under its purview, in addition to the previous activities listed under Supportive and Controlling.
- Assist the client in the selection of the PMO Officer and their team, as needed, as well as provide training and coaching to perform their responsibilities
- Perform periodic reviews throughout the PMO lifecycle, as required by the client, which includes:
- assessing the effectiveness of the PMO
- evaluate the performance of the work completed under the PMO within predetermined scheduled intervals to gage performance
- provide training, consulting, coaching, and other skills and capabilities needed to continue the PMO work efficiently and effectively.
Additionally, the above services include the effect and impact that these activities have on the project work and the organization.
All our project managers have the academic training, vast project management experience, and the appropriate certifications to perform their assignments efficiently and effectively. The salient certifications related to project management include PMP (Project Management Professional) PMI-ACP (Project Management Institute – Agile Certified Professional) and GDPR (General Data Protection Regulations) Training.