This 5-day course combines the Project Management Institute’s (PMI) framework for managing projects focusing on achieving sustainability goals, including social equity, regardless of whether you are pursuing sustainable certification. To that end, we will use real-world case studies to understand the approach behind carrying out a project successfully while adhering to sustainable guidelines and requirements.
- Introduction to Project Management and Sustainability Standards
- Initiating the project and determining the project success criteria and sustainable objectives
- Include sustainability in the project baselines, such as scope description, quality metrics, and procurement requirements
- Clarify the project mission and vision, as well as stakeholder expectations
- Develop an effective and efficient Project Plan, including developing the scope, schedule, and budget baselines
- Prepare quality and risk management plans to address the respective factors that can negatively affect projects, including risks that can impact sustainability and equity goals.
- Direct and manage the execution of the project work
- Ensure equity standards are adhered to among all project team members (internal and external)
- Develop the project team with respect to improving project execution and sustainability compliance skills
- Issue deliverables based on success criteria and guidelines
- Monitor work progress and team accomplishments and ensure equity and sustainability measures are met
- Review performance from outsourced staff and the quality of their deliverables, including sustainable products
- Review real-world case studies, which present successes and challenges encountered in past projects, and which generated solutions and lessons learned for future improvement
- Evaluate Project Plans prepared by participants
Basic knowledge of sustainability and management practices is preferred. Additionally, if the applicant wishes to take the PMP exam, a minimum of 2 to 2.5 years of full-time project management experience is required.
- New project managers and sustainability practitioners
- Project Managers who want to refine their skills and/or include sustainability practices in their projects
- Project Managers seeking an internationally recognized certification
After successful completion of this workshop, the participant shall be able to:
- Prepare concise and effective project charters and project management manuals
- Develop project objectives for success and determine the success factors required, including sustainability measures
- Identify project risks, both positive and negative ones; provide responses and strategies to address them; monitor their status, as well as the effectiveness of the responses developed to address them successfully
- Monitor and control the project progress, per client and organizational expectations, as well as ensure that equity and sustainability objectives are adhered to
- Provide effective communication and leadership to project team members, as well as engage stakeholders and ensure their expectations are addressed
Professional Development Units (PDUs)
40 PDUs / Contact hours, which satisfies the 35 contact hours required by PMI to sit for the PMP exam.
To register – email [email protected].
Sustainable Project Management Workshop
Find a date – Sustainable Project Management Workshop.