What does it take to become a successful project management professional PMP? A lot!
First of all, there are the prerequisites –
- Four-year degree
- 4,500 hours leading and directing projects – about 2 years of full-time managing projects.
- 35 hours of project management education
That’s the baseline to establish credibility in the project management field. It demonstrates that you have the hands-on experience required of a project management professional.
What are the TOP 3 Project Management Skills Needed to be a successful PMP?
What are the TOP 3 skills you need to be a successful PMP?
In addition to the prerequisites mentioned above, these skills are important for a successful career in project management.
- Experience – The ability to look at a proposed project and understand what needs to be addressed in the scope. Project scope is the part of project planning that involves determining and documenting a list of specific project goals, deliverables, tasks, costs, and deadlines.
- Leadership – As the project manager, you will provide oversite to the project. This will require managing diverse teams to ensure timely delivery of the project within budget.
- Flexibility – Murphy’s Law – things will go wrong. Your job is to get things back on track.
In an increasingly projectized world, PMI professional certification ensures that you’re ready to meet the demands of projects and employers across the globe.
Developed by practitioners for practitioners, PMI organizations real-world need standards and ongoing research to meet organizations’ real-world needs. With a PMI certification behind your name, you can work in virtually any industry, anywhere in the world, and with any project m andthodology.PM Workshops (PMW) incorporates both the ttrainingl and practical sides of project management into all our training.
- 4 days of classroom training, 35 PMI® required contact hours, and the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) 5th edition in preparation for the PMP Certification Exam.
Our experienced trainers have studied and worked in their respective fields in the EU, U.S. and worldwide for a minimum of 20 years prior to joining PMW. Furthermore, their experience covers the gamut from banking to business/finance to the architectural-engineering-construction (AEC) field to manufacturing and production and more. Their expertise affords them the ability to contour the workshops to their audience, explain the material in the participants’ industry-language, and provide the participants tools they can use in their day-to-day jobs.
For more information on how you can start the process of earning your PMP, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.