“I HEAR AND I FORGET. I SEE AND I REMEMBER. I DO AND I UNDERSTAND.” – CONFUCIUS
Our goal is to create a training environment that encourages participation, develops soft skills and provides a voice to every participant. A place to grow and thrive.
We work with you to develop engaging trainings to meet your requirements and to ensure participant engagement. Our instructors are industry leaders with a passion for what they do. They are able to pull from their own professional histories to offer real-world examples to further illustrate their topics.
Your teams remain focused, engaged and motivated.
Regardless of the nature of your business, team members need basic skills to grow and manage the day to day operations. These trainings are designed to develop both hard and soft-skills for professional development to create efficiencies, reduce employee turnover and improve the bottom line.
- Budgeting And Forecasting – This intensive workshop will help you understand the elements of budgeting and forecasting. It covers the budget formulation process, developing tools for budgeting, and how to benefit from these tools. In addition, it will discuss how to control the budget through financial targets and cost control. It is designed for managers and department leaders that prepare budgets and monthly forecasts. Budgeting is an organized process of defining its plan and direction in financial terms. It helps to allocate resources, set goals, and determine the actions required to achieve the goals.
- Business Case Development – this workshop, typically one to two days long depending on the client’s needs, helps the participants develop an outline required to decide on the profitability and/or feasibility of the new project and whether or not to proceed forward. The business case integrates the benefits, costs, and risks of a proposed project in order to assist executive management in making an informed decision. This is a part of the Project Charter.
- European Union General Data Protection Regulation (EU GDPR) – this course is geared towards helping participants and their companies comply with this current regulation, which helps protect their clients’ data privacy, ensure that their subcontractors in data storage and manipulation abide by the requirements for data processors, and prepare themselves for potential audits. To that end, we prepare a data protection plan with each one of our participants as practical training. Additionally, we instruct our participants on how to train other staff in data protection procedures, which is a requirement of the standard. This is a 3-day course that uses ISO standard 27001, among others, to help instruct participants.
- Finance 101: Understanding the Numbers – This intensive workshop will help you understand bookkeeping and financial management concepts. Further, it will assist you in understanding margins, establish financial targets, and control costs. It will help you to understand the accounting process and use that knowledge to improve cost controls and enhance revenue opportunities.
- Leadership Development: This workshop will help enhance the quality level of your leadership skills through a hands-on approach and classroom exercises with respect to communication (written and verbal), as well as confidence-building to help inspire and motivate your staff. The workshop is usually one (1) day long with a follow-up session at a later date.
- Presentation Skills – we offer training to help you clearly articulate a new project idea, the status of an existing project or reporting on an innovative approach developed by you or your team. The class runs for two (2) days, including coaching and delivering actual presentations to strengthen the participants’ confidence level.
We take the following ISO standards, which are broad-based and theoretical, and adapt them to our participants’ professional needs by using real-world examples and case studies. We have found this method to be best in helping the students better understand and effectively use the standards since ISO simply provides a guideline and does not provide detailed instructions for their application nor are case histories projects included.
- ISO 9000 Family – Quality Management – This 4-day course covers the ISO 9000 Series, which encompasses quality management and the implementation of a quality management system. The latter is typically a quality management plan, which will lay out a roadmap for achieving quality objectives, develop quality checklists, create a quality training program for staff, and, of particular interest, develop the audit processes, which include proper documentation, organizing the audit material, and preparing for the actual audit as either the auditor and/or audited.
- ISO 13485 Medical Devices – This 3-day course covers not only the standard itself, but also the ancillary processes and guidelines needed to effectively apply the standard to the development, manufacturing, implementation, and commissioning of medical devices. As noted earlier in this section, the ISO standard simply provides a checklist of tasks and procedures needed to effectively create, deploy and use the devices, but lacks real-world examples and applications, which are crucial in effectively understanding the intent of the standard.
- ISO 14000 Family – Environmental Management – This 3-day course covers this standard as a framework for organizations that are required to systemize and/or improve their environmental management efforts. And although it does not provide, nor detail out, the environmental management system (EMS) required within this standard, it does provide a checklist for developing such a system. Therefore, our trainers, who are certified and/or possess extensive experience in environmental sustainability, assist the students in creating an actual EMS.
- ISO/IEC 27001 Information Security Management –This 3-day course covers the methodology provided in this standard as well as the trainer’s experience in the field of preparing a Security Management System (SMS), which is critical for any company in order to protect client and staff data, intellectual property and other sensitive information. Additionally, this standard, when properly applied and incorporated into a security management plan, will satisfy the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which is an essential part of any company working within the EU.
- ISO 31000 Risk Management – This 3-day course is a must for any person working directly in project management and/or product development. The purpose of this standard is to assist companies in developing their own specific Risk Management Plan, which is essential for running a business, running programs and/or projects, as well as for addressing other risks inherent in any business. The course will teach participants how and where to identify risks, both positive (opportunities) and negative (threats), qualify (score) and quantify (currency) them, prepare appropriate responses, as well as determine how best to effectively monitor risk control.
- Agile and Scrum Foundations – this is a two-day class geared towards flexible projects with quick turnaround demands, such as IT and R&D, where the requirements and solutions evolve through collaboration among cross-functional teams. It is geared towards fast-changing project requirements, which will lead to improved quality control, greater efficiencies, reduced waste and cost savings.
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) Exam Preparation Course – This 3-day workshop satisfies the 23 contact hours required by the Project Management Institute (PMI) in order to apply for the exam. Just as with the PMP Exam, this course is based on the Project Management Book of Knowledge (PMBOK) 6th edition, but our trainers use real-world experience, as well as customized case studies to better understand the material. In other words, we incorporate both the theoretical, as well as practical, sides of project management into all our trainings. To that end, all our workshops include study materials required to learn and understand the 49 processes, inputs-tools & techniques-outputs (ITTO), process groups, and knowledge areas.
- Change Management – Change Management: Preparing, equipping, and supporting individuals to successfully adopt change in order to drive organizational success and outcomes. This 2-day course offers a hands-on environment Program and Project Managers to further their professional development in Change ManagementChange management is one of the main concerns for all types of businesses today. And not because change is seen as something complicated, which it sometimes is, but because so much change in project work occurs unchecked and unauthorized, which leads to cost overruns, schedule delays and, in some cases, claims which can be costly and affect client-consultant relationships.
- PMI-ACP Exam Preparation Course – This 3-day course satisfies the Project Management Institute’s (PMI) 24 contact hours needed to take the certification exam and includes the PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)® Handbook in preparation for the PMI-Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)® exam. In this course, we cover the “Agile” approach to project management, which is intended for relatively short projects that require flexibility in their approach, change management and the ability for the team to adapt to any situations that arise during the project lifecycle. It also includes how to plan and implement the “Scrums” as part of the Agile methodology.
- PMP Exam Refresher Course – This course is intended for reviewing the exam material with an emphasis on the terms, concepts and/or calculations needed to pass the exam. In addition, we will cover the Project Charter, PM Plan, Earned Value Management (EVM), the ITTOs, and other sections of the PMBOK needed to pass the PMP Exam. Emphasis will be placed on understanding the elements needed to improve participants’ project management skills.
- Project Management Bootcamp – This 3-day workshop is intended for people who want to learn the fundamentals of project management, while not necessarily seeking to be certified as such. The classroom content will focus firstly on how to develop the project description (scope), as well as the associated budget and schedule. Additionally, other critical management tasks shall be included, such as dealing with changes, addressing risks, determining the quality objectives and how to reach them, as well as how to deal with risks and stakeholder management.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Exam Preparation Workshop – this workshop is geared primarily for people who want to take and pass the PMP exam. However, it also focuses on training participants in the basics of project management, such as developing the scope, budget and cost baselines, as well as the other subsidiary factors, which lead to a successful project. This is a 4-day course, plus there is also a 1- to 2-day review session for people who need extra support shortly before taking the exam.
- Quality Management -This course teaches participants the importance of Total Quality Management (TQM), including both quality assurance (QA,) as well as quality control. (QC.) QA focuses on ensuring the correct policies, procedures, templates, and other documents are sufficient to prepare high-quality deliverables and/or products. QC ensures the deliverables/products are properly inspected, and, as required, are revised to meet the quality and product requirements are met. Standards, such as Six Sigma and ISO (9001 and other subsidiary sections), are used in this 3-day workshop.
- Risk Management: – this 3-day course focuses on identifying, qualifying (i.e. scoring,) quantifying, and preparing responses for uncertainties in projects. These uncertainties, which can be positive (opportunities,) or negative (threats,) are collectively known as “risks” and are inherent and, at times, precarious part of any project. To that end, we help our clients during this course to learn the fundamentals of risk management, as well as develop a risk management plan for their own project work.